Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Are Beans (Legumes) A Good Keto Food Option?

 


Beans are one of those foods that pack a lot of very good nutrients and fiber into a small package.  Additionally they are super inexpensive making them very affordable, not to mention that dried legumes have a very long shelf life.  For all of those reasons I personally think of beans as a super food and as such I will be adding them back into my diet.

 

Black beans are my favorite

To learn more about beans and my decision to bring them back into my diet (even though they are technically not considered Keto) click here.  Let me know your thoughts about the bean.  Do you like them?  Do you eat them often?  And what is your favorite recipe?

 

3 comments:

  1. I love black beans. Mixed with quinoa or rice/cheese/salsa and baked, on taco salads, black bean hummus/veg. And then there's chili with pinto and red beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like black beans this recipe from the costco brand of canned chicken is really good. Chicken Chili- 2T olive oil, 1 lg onion, 3 cans black beans drained, 2 cans diced tomatoes(you can use the ones with chilis in them) 2-12 oz cans of Chunk chicken undrained(you can use your own cooked chicken but add a little broth) 2 packs of chili seasoning, 1 t cumin s&p if desired. Cook onion in olive oil. Add everything else and bring to a simmer. Cook at least 15 min. I do this in the crock pot for 4 or 5 hours on low.-Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! I love good crock pot recipes. Thank you Kathryn.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...