Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Doing Laundry

 


Since my oldest daughter moved away for college my laundry chores have dwindled quite a bit.  She doesn't bring laundry home with her anymore when she visits either which is really nice.  That being said I do actually enjoy doing laundry quite a bit.  I don't know why, but I always have.  Ironing not so much, but washing and folding is just fine.



I have a super large capacity front loading washer and dryer set so I usually only end up with one or two loads per week.  Depending on how much bedding I need to wash I usually just have the one big load to run.  And since pretty much everything we own is dark I rarely, if ever, have a white load to run.

 


When it comes to my laundry supplies I have no real loyalties to any particular brands.  I literally purchase whatever I find on sale, on clearance or at the dollar store.  I prefer liquid detergent and fabric softener.  I use dryer sheets and sometimes scent beads too.  I know a lot of people will cringe over using fabric softener and dryer sheets but it's what I like.  I've tried homemade laundry detergent and using vinegar in place of fabric softener and I don't like how my laundry looks, smells or feels so I choose not to use that stuff.  I do find however that by switching up the brands of soaps and softeners I don't tend to get any type of build up on my clothes and linens or my machines.

 


I don't tend to get that funk in my front loader washer that people tend to get either.  I do leave the door open for twenty four hours after I run a load to allow it to dry out and I wipe out the rubber boot on a fairly regular basis to keep it clean.  I also clean the lint trap out routinely and use my vacuum to deep clean it from time to time.

 


Because I don’t run many loads anymore I don't use my clotheslines as much as I used to.  The dryer is convenient so I use it most of the time.  I will usually hang blankets and comforters though and I love how fresh they smell when you bring them in from the line.

 


For the most part I keep it super simple.  I find it takes me very little time to get my laundry chores done which fits in perfectly with my 15 Minute Chores.  The cleaning and maintenance of the washer and dryer as well as the laundry room itself fits neatly in my weekly and quarterly routines too.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like homemade soap either. I know many people have never had problems but it destroyed a washer of mine. The repair man said it's what you don't see that's the problem. Switch to actual detergent and problem gone. Hope all is well with you, Patti Ann

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...