Monday, May 17, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday was Mother's Day and I was pretty much spoiled rotten by my girls.  Flowers, gifts and a terrific meal with a glorious dessert.  I couldn't have asked for better.  I received a combination of very thoughtful store bought and handmade gifts.  My youngest made me a gorgeous card and my oldest had made me a picture of my beloved kitty.  I even teared up a bit because I was so overwhelmed by their love and thoughtfulness.  No matter what may happen I know I am so very blessed and fortunate to have the little family that I have.  My girls are my world.

 

My oldest daughter made this for me

I worked a little bit more this week and seemed to do pretty well overall.  I finally feel like I'm on the road to recovery.  The first week was a fair bit of a struggle for me but this past week I felt like I did much better.  I also seem to be sleeping at night better too.  I kept meals super simple which also equated to super thrifty as it turned out.

 

Mother's Day table

Wednesday I had to do some follow up testing after my latest mammogram (yeah, let's add a little scare to the pot I've stirred up lately) and received good results.  I go back in six months to make sure it stays that way.  Dodged that one for now!  On the way home from the doctor's office, since I was in the neighborhood I popped into Cash & Carry and picked up cream for my Keto coffee and a five pound bag of grated cheese.  I then went home and celebrated my test results with a lovely slice of Keto cheesecake leftover from Mother's Day.

 

This should keep me busy!

The remainder of the week was all about going to work and keeping up on housework and laundry.  My daughter mowed the lawn and took care of the animals for me.  I did start a new project in the vein of using up items I have on hand.  I pulled out my big yarn bag, which is a zippered bag my bed set came in, and went through it as well as my gallon sized Mason jar filled with little balls of yarn.  I started making granny squares with the idea of making an afghan, but I have so much yarn that I think I'm actually going to end up making two afghans which I think I'll give to my girls for Christmas.  So far I've made over twenty good sized squares and they turning out quite pretty I think.  I love the color combinations I've come up with.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, chicken parmesan & pasta, tuna sandwiches, eggs & breakfast sausages.  Pretty simple and easy.

 

Homemade chicken parmesan, not very Keto, but very delicious 😋

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Scrubbed sink, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Scrubbed toilet, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 

The Kroger low carb bread is fantastic!

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I kept our spending to a minimum and only shopped for a couple items we needed.

 

The girls got me this Fiskars paper cutter for my crafting and card making

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  Sold something on eBay.

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

2 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty granny squares, they are going to make a nice Afghan.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...