Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Meal Prepping For Keto & My Kiddo

 


It has been a while since I'd done a meal prep session, but I was itching to spend some quality time in my kitchen and I had a few items in the fridge to use up.  I started with a loaf of French bread we had in the freezer and some of our farm fresh chicken eggs and made my daughter a big batch of French toast.  She enjoyed brunch with sausage links and our homemade pancake syrup drizzled over her French toast.  Then I made some for myself using my Keto bread.  All of the leftovers were divided up and bagged in individual portion sizes and place in the freezer.  A quick spin in the microwave and we'll have an easy meal anytime we want.

 

Frenchbread pizzas using up leftover olives, cheese & pepperoni

Next I took the remaining half loaf of French bread and sliced it down the middle to make two French bread pizzas for my daughter.  I topped the bread with pizza sauce I made using an 8oz can of tomato sauce, minced garlic and dried basil.  Then I sprinkled cheese over each one and added pepperoni and some leftover olives I sliced up.  I put them into an eight inch square baking dish and they were ready to bake in our toaster oven the next day with plenty of leftovers for another meal.

 

Beefaroni using home canned pasta sauce

I boiled up a 7oz package of elbow macaroni and added a jar of our home canned pasta sauce to that along with the leftover pizza sauce I had made.  I place that into a microwaveable casserole dish.  Once cool it went into the refrigerator to wait until it was needed.

 

Deviled eggs

While I was working on the pizzas and pasta dish I had a half dozen eggs in my egg cooker.  Once they had cooled I made deviled eggs for me to have for brunch throughout the week.

 

My french toast using Keto bread

Lastly, I took two nice ripe bananas and made my daughter a loaf of banana bread.  Once it was cool I sliced it up and placed it into bags for her to grab on her way out the door to school.  I put half of the slices in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.  She will have these for a quick breakfast for several days.

 

Marinading chicken breasts in a little salad dressing

The next day I marinated some chicken breasts in Italian salad dressing.  I sautéed some spinach and mushrooms I had picked up on markdown with olive oil, minced garlic, dried basil and chopped red onion.  I had plenty of vegetables to put some into freezer containers for other meals later on.  I cooked the chicken in a pan with olive oil and served the squash as a side dish.

 

The frenchbread pizzas were a hit!

I mainly wanted to prep some food for my daughter.  She is such a busy kid right now with her AP classes and homework as well as working her part time job that I wanted her to have some easy and quick meals she can enjoy when time is short and her schedule is hectic.  She always comes home from school or work hungry too so she can eat right away and not have to wait for me to cook or prepare something herself.  Now she can just heat up a plate and start on her homework while she eats or get a quick meal down before she heads off to work.

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos and meal ideas, it helped me put my plan for the rest of this week together ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...