Thursday, May 13, 2021

Very Blessed With Free Groceries


We play the games.  Every year when Albertsons does their big Monopoly game we play.  We have no designs that we'll every win the big prizes, but we do like the little freebies here and there.  Last year I even won a bag of ground coffee.  It is good incentive to play the game, plus I always appreciate a good freebie.  We save up our winning tickets and then go shopping, usually coming home with a nice bag of stuff we don't usually buy.  This year, between my daughter and I we ended up with quite the load of winning tickets.

 

This was a fantastic haul!

Not only did we save up the winning Monopoly tickets they hand out at the register, but my daughter downloaded the app and we scanned the loser tickets for a "second chance" and that is when we really raked in the goodies.  She also scanned all those tickets because depending on your overall number of tickets you acquired you earned cash for a discount on your groceries.  It was a little tedious, but definitely worth doing.

 

Pasta, produce, lip balm, bread crumbs and brownie mixes

Even some meat!

By the time all was said and done, together we had $16 in cash to spend at the store as well as a long list of freebies to pick up.  Last Saturday we went shopping!  You should have seen the look on the cashier's face when our $50 dollar total came down to a buck!  She was so surprised and super happy for us.

 

A loaf of french bread, frozen waffles, animal crackers, tissues & aluminum foil

My daughter was super excited about this winner!

One of these grocery items is even going to be a birthday gift from my daughter to her sister.  We are nothing if not resourceful.

 

Quite a nice assortment of goodies including waters, sour cream & cottage cheese

My daughter was also quite excited about the ice cream

I will tell you this.  Of all of my shopping adventures this is by far the best I've ever done and my daughter was thrilled.  It was so much fun to do this together.  A dollar and a penny!  Whoo hooo!

 

 

  

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome, I wish we had that monopoly game here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best we've ever done playing that game.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! And so much fun! I’ll bet you felt like queens when you walked out of the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you won a lot of stuff! I didn’t win nearly as many free items this year as past years, however I did win a $250 Safeway gift card so I surely can’t complain lol. I have gotten some of my free things already, and plan to do as you did, and get all the rest in one trip. Safeway is so expensive so I only buy the sale things there. I figure the $250 gift card should last several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! Good for you! Albertson's is expensive too. I only by the sales items myself.

      Delete
  4. That sounds exactly like my type of fun! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I had no idea you could scan in your "loser" tickets, although I've redeemed some 'winners' before. Usually got goofy stuff like foil, though freebies are always appreciated.
    Good for you and your girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got loads of coupons for things we don't buy so those didn't work for us either. We made up for it on the freebies for sure. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...