Monday, May 24, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday was a quiet day at home.  I did a load of laundry, my daily chores, some writing, crocheted for awhile and cooked a bit doing a very small meal prep for my daughter's busy week ahead.

 


Monday I met a friend for dinner at a local neighborhood restaurant.  We sat out on the patio and the weather was perfect.  It was a delicious meal and a great visit.  I took home my slice of grilled bread for my chickens and spent some time with them.  They are great fun and enjoyed their treat very much.

 

My mini Fred Meyer haul

Monday I did a small shop at Fred Meyer for 77¢ milk (loss leader) and check for good markdowns.  I found cream of mushroom soup for 59¢ a can.  Not sure why it was marked down because the dates for two years off, but I was happy to find it.  Wednesday I did a small shop at Albertsons for 99¢ a pound on chicken breasts (loss leader) and sliced cheese for $1.49 a package.  I used one of my gift cards to pay for that purchase so no money out of pocket.

 

Bargains from Albertson's

Wednesday the weather was windy and cloudy so I decided to take my daughter to work.  Since I was there I went into the store and picked up some items I wanted which included a big package of chicken breasts for 99¢ a pound and fresh produce all on sale. I had a digital coupon for 50% OFF a two pound bag of frozen shrimp that was on sale so it only cost $4.72!! Yay!  On the way home I dropped off two kitchen trash bags filled with donations at our neighborhood thrift store.  That felt really good too!

 


Thursday was a milestone day for us.  I picked up my daughter after school and we went to the DMV to get her learners permit.  Now all she has to do is learn to drive!  And all I need to do is teach her.  Ha, ha.  She actually had the weekend off from work, first in a very long time so we got busy putting the neighborhood in peril.  She is doing great.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Baked gnocchi, tuna casserole, hamburger mushroom gravy & rice, buffalo wings (keto), breakfast burritos (keto), waffles (keto) & sausage links, tuna sandwich (keto bread), fresh fruit, green beans & green salad.

 

Squeaky clean

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Cleaned sink, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Cleaned sink, cleaned microwave vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Scrubbed tub & tile, washed curtain & liner, decorator towels & rug, cleaned light fixtures.  Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - Four large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.  Spot mopped the front entryway.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I downloaded digital store coupons for groceries.  I shopped wisely purchasing only items on sale and markdown.  I continued to use up my yarn stash to make another stack of granny squares.  We were very careful not to waste food and ate our leftovers.  I even took a co-worker some of my keto buffalo wings because I didn't think I'd be able to eat them all.  I made some foaming hand soap solution to refill our dispensers.  I rinsed out the fabric softener bottle to make sure we used up every bit.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked an extra five hours this week.  Yes!  Gradually working my way back to full time, hoping that will be sooner rather than later.  I also sold one of my vintage cookbooks on EtsyYes!  What a blessing!

 


How was your thrifty week?

  

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine would drive her "learning" kids out Gowen and around the backside of the airport. The roads back there have little to no traffic and the kids got lots of experience. She would verbalize "traffic situations" for them to respond to so they learned brakes and signals :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great area to practice. We did that yesterday and practiced parking in my work parking lot since it is vacant on a Sunday. She ran over a lot of "cars" and "employees" in the process. LOL She is actually doing pretty well. Enjoy your day! :)

      Delete
  2. The only reason I am brand loyal with ALL is because it has no scent and I don't itch after using it. I cannot afford to experiment to get a lower price. However, I do use sales and coupons. I found mushroom soup on sale for 87 cents and wondered why it was on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate in that we don't have any sensitivities like that. Take care!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...