Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Super Easy & Thrifty Banana Pancakes

 


I recently posted how I use super thrifty meals intermittently in our meal plans to help us stretch our extreme grocery budget.  My goal is to serve delicious and nutritious meals we want to eat and recipe will certainly fit the bill.  If you have some ripe bananas lying around a really simple and thrifty recipe is to use them to make banana pancakes.  Not your typical flour, sugar and baking powder pancakes, but a lower carb and gluten free version.

 

It doesn't get much easier than this! 😋


I simply mash up a banana or two (two is better) and then whisk in two large eggs and a tsp of vanilla (optional).  A dash or two of cinnamon is nice too.  Use this mixture to make your pancakes like you would any other.  I used a little olive oil in a non stick pan.  Serves 2 to 4.

 

These are delicious & very filling

These are thinner and more crepe like and absolutely delicious.  Use your favorite pancake syrup or drizzle with a little peanut butter heated up in the microwave.  Top with fresh berries or more slice banana too if you like.  There are a lot of options with these.  I hope you enjoy this simple little recipe. 

Cost:  Banana 16¢ each + Eggs 32¢ = 48¢ (64¢ if you use 2 bananas).  We have chickens for eggs & entertainment so the price we pay for eggs is negligible.  I also make my own pancake syrup for around 25¢ per batch.

6 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...