Friday, June 8, 2012

Freezer Inventory


The other day I found myself a little frustrated because despite the fact that I have a neatly organized and clean deep freezer I was still having trouble knowing exactly what all I happen to have on hand.  I found two large packages of sirloin steaks that I didn’t remember we had.  Oops! 

I sat down at the computer, opened up Excel and made myself a Freezer Inventory Template.  Then my eldest daughter and I went out to the garage and took a complete inventory of everything we had in all of our freezers. 

We have 15 packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts!  I had no idea.  I’ll stop buying those for awhile. 

Now I have a running list of items in the freezer and I know where I stand.  I’ll keep it in the kitchen it is handy.  As I purchase items I will add the quantity to the list and as I use up an item I will mark it off so I know it is no longer in there. 


If you would like a working copy of this template and you have Excel on your computer I would be happy to share it with you.  Email me at sa921964@yahoo.com and I will get it too you right away.  Also if you want a working copy of my pantry list let me know. 

Do you keep a freezer inventory or have any tips to share on this subject?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...