Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Reading Program



We are very fortunate to have a great library system.  We utilize the main library because it is closest to our home but there are several satellite locations throughout the valley so the library has become much more accessible to everyone.  They still have a bookmobile too. 

Every summer the library offers a program to kids and teens that rewards them for reading throughout the summer.  My kids love to participate.  It fires them up to read even more than they normally do during the school year.  I love the practicality of the prizes they offer. 

This week when the girls redeemed their first reading voucher they received two restaurant coupons for free meals – one to Applebees and one to Marie Callendars.  They also received a voucher for a free general admission ticket to the Idaho Stampede Rodeo next month. 

The restaurant vouchers mean we can enjoy going out to lunch or dinner this summer at a very affordable price.  This will make for some very nice family outings for us on our tight budget.  I also checked online to see how much an adult ticket to the rodeo will run and found it will cost me $11.75 for a general admission ticket.  Again, another very affordable family outing!  The girls have never been to a rodeo before so this will be a real treat. 

I am excited to see what prizes they earn in the next couple of months and see what family adventures we can make of it.  I also found out they are having an adult program as well.  So for every two books I read I can submit a ticket into the drawing pool.  They are giving away a lot of prizes including a Kindle.  Who knows, I may get lucky and get my ticket drawn for something fun. 

I am amazed at how many things there are to do within our community.  So many at a low cost or even free!  I plan to take advantage of as much as I can to stretch our budget and add some family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...