Friday, June 15, 2012

Sewing Project – Potholders!


Last week I mentioned that I did a sewing project with the girls.  We made potholders to give as gifts at Christmas.  The project was a perfect first time sewing project.  They learned to pin and cut out a very basic pattern, pin fabrics, sew straight lines on a machine and trim edges and corners.  They also learned about turning and pressing as well as how to hand stitch and embellish.



The pattern is a basic 8½”x 8½” square I cut from a sheet of copy paper.  We used fabric scraps and items I already had to make this a no cost project.  The smiley face fabric works perfectly for the potholders the girls made to give their future teachers.  Since they aren’t sure if their teachers are girls or boys yet this fabric will work either way.

 


In the box of fabric my friend had given me last month there was half a beach towel and some terry cloth scraps.  We used that to pad the inside of the potholders.  I made a set for the camp trailer, which we used last weekend, and they worked perfectly.  Super simple and super fun!  The girls really enjoyed this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...