Monday, April 15, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves



Sunday started out much more productively than the prior week despite the rain that railroaded my original plans.  Instead of working outdoors I got busy in the kitchen and purged and cleaned my cupboards up over the stove and soon realized I have overbought in the spice department by purchasing things I already had.  I hate when I do that. 

I baked the 10 pound ham I bought on sale a couple of weeks ago and made a potato salad using up the last of our Easter eggs.  I made raspberry gelatin with crushed pineapple in it too.  I ended up using the leftovers to make a lot of lunches throughout the week. 

I went ahead and made the spaghetti sauce I had planned for the previous week and did a little menu juggling.  Leftovers from the sauce and pasta made for two suppers and some lunches too. 

I purged and reorganized the pantry so I now have a better idea of what we have on hand – A LOT! 

Wednesday I filled my gas tank on the car.  I got a 10¢ per gallon discount using my Fred Meyers rewards card. 

I sat down and re-evaluated our grocery list for this month and was able to eliminate nearly everything on it.  I also re-evaluated next month’s list and have pared it down quite a bit as well. 

I sold an 18 count carton of eggs to a friend of mine for $3. 

I won $5 at Bunco Friday night so it didn’t cost me anything to play this time.  Last month I came out $5 ahead and I still have that money for next month. 

I bought greeting cards at the $ Store for 50¢ each. 

Saturday night we watched the race and made snacks from items we already had on hand. 

Our chickens blessed us with 19 eggs last week!  I imagine I’ll have extra carton to sell.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing so great. I found some small cards that are sweet, blank inside, at Fred Meyer for 50c ea and bought several so I will have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to get the 50 cent dollar store cards too, can't beat that!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd much rather put the money into the gift than pay those outrageous prices for cards at the regular store.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...