Monday, April 22, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


 
On Sunday my father showed me how to change the belts on my truck myself.  It saved me almost $200 from having it done professionally.  I was also able to get the parts for less money at a parts store than what a garage would have charged.  Thanks Dad!! 

I repainted the wiper arms on the truck with flat black paint I already had on hand and then replaced the wiper blades.  They look like new!  I also filled the washer fluid reservoir.  Total cost to upgrade the wipers and fill the reservoir was under $12. 

Monday night I trimmed the last of the ham off the bone and got it ready for a batch of bean soup.  I ditched the regular planned meal and diced up some of the ham and we scrambled it up with a half dozen fresh eggs for a delicious, cheap and fast supper. 

I purged all my greeting cards and home office supplies.  I have enough extra stuff that I plan to put it into a couple of bags and price it for a yard sale. 

I purged the pantry and filled up the camp box to restock our RV.  To be fully stocked I won’t have to buy anything extra except a jar of peanut butter and maybe some honey. 

 
I used three coupon doublers at Albertsons on Tuesday.  I matched up sales items with coupons I had: 

·         Two bottles of lite salad dressing 2/$5, less $2 in coupons = $1.50 each

·         Four boxes of crackers $1.99 each, less $2 in coupons = $1.49 each

·         Four packages of pudding cups 10/$10, less $1 in coupons = 75¢ each 

I filled the gas tank on the truck for the first time since January! 

We ate predominately from the freezer, fridge and pantry this week.  The only fresh produce I bought was bananas.
 
Our chickens blessed us with 20 eggs this week!  New record!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome on the car repairs! You are truly a "jill of all trades"! I admire you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That always makes me feel great when I can learn how to fix something on the car myself & save money! Great job!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...