Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Grocery Budget Update - April


 
I did beyond excellent with our grocery budget this month in that I hardly bought anything.  We ate quite well from items we already had squirreled away in our pantry on freezers.  We still have plenty left too. 

My non-food budget came in at $24.94 for one bag of cat food and two of litter, 40# sack of chicken feed and a 20# sack of scratch grains.  I had $17 in egg sales to put against the feed costs. 

Although there isn’t much this is what I bought this month: 

Groceries
 
 $$$
 
Cereal (5)
 
          4.40
Double coupons
Ham
 
          9.04
Store Coupon
Sugar 4#
 
          1.99
Store Coupon
Deli chicken
 
          6.99
 
Garden salad
 
          2.49
Markdown
Oranges
 
          2.03
 
Bread (6)
 
          8.00
Store Coupon
Broccoli slaw
 
          1.00
 
Cole slaw
 
          1.00
 
Ice cream (2)
 
          6.00
 
Cranberry juice (2)
 
          3.58
 
Bananas
 
          0.88
 
Crackers (3)
 
          4.47
Coupon
 
 
 
 
Total
 
 $     51.87
 

I have $73.13 left to spend on groceries, 67¢ leftover from March and $73.80 leftover from this month.  Not a bad way to start off in May! 

How did you do with your grocery shopping this month?

4 comments:

  1. Wow... that's awesome!! I'm under budget for the week, but only by $10 & change... but that'll be gone today as I need some Gluten-Free stuff for myself... lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets trickier and trickier to stay on budget these days I think.

      Delete
  2. Great job!
    I did not spend much this month because like you I stock up when things are on sale and this month the sales were just not that good so I was not shopping much, only picked up things we needed.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the sales were pretty crummy too. Probably part of my lack of motivation.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...