Friday, April 5, 2013

This Old Truck



Last week my neighbor came over and asked me if I was ready to sell him my truck yet.  Definitely not the first time he has asked either. 
 
I smiled and laughed and politely told him NO WAY! 
 
Really, for heaven’s sake it’s my truck! 

I bought her (yes of course, she is a she) new in 1997.  It was sitting on the clearance section of the lot and the dealership was ready to get it out of there as they were already unloading their 1998 models.  I was able to get it for slightly more than a three year old truck I had been seriously interested in before.  New truck with a full warranty and that new car smell, I was pretty pleased about it. 

My truck has an extended cab for kids and groceries.  I haul all kinds of stuff in the back of her.  She pulls our 13 foot RV and takes us on many adventures.  If I’m headed to Home Depot or the feed store I take the truck.  When we visit my parents we take the truck. 

In the sixteen years I have owned my pickup I make sure that it is properly maintained and cared for and as a result it still runs great and looks brand new, inside and out.  I find it hard to believe it is as old as it is, actually. 

Last spring I put a little money into upgrading our RV and this year it is the truck’s turn.  Along with the usual spring maintenance routine, I will be giving the truck a thorough once over, bumper to bumper. 

I’ll keep you up to date on my progress as I go along.  I’m looking really looking forward to it.  Weird aren’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...