Monday, April 29, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


 
Yes, I really do let my children eat this stuff.
 
Not a lot of thrifty stuff went on in this house with all of us sick.  We did manage to treat ourselves with over the counter medications we already had on hand as well as lots of hot tea and soup from the freezer.  Believe it or not, we also had enough tissues. 

We ate predominately from the freezer and pantry last week.

I didn’t really do any grocery shopping.  I did stop at the store Monday for a deli chicken and a pre-made salad.  Total cost for that was $9.48.  On Saturday I stopped for two bags of pre-cut slaw to make a salad.  Each bag was $1.00.  I also bought 4 boxes of cereal -  on sale $1.68 each.

Throughout the week we watched several DVDs from our own collection.  I sold five DVDs to a friend. 

I sold three dozen eggs this week. 

We purged the girl’s clothes.  After my oldest handed down to my youngest we put the rest in a bag to donate.  I now have a bag of holey jeans to turn into summer shorts. 

After last week’s bounty the chickens only laid 12 eggs this week.  I think they were worn out.

4 comments:

  1. I let my kids eat sugar cereal sometimes too. And pop tarts! :)

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided a little every now and again won't hurt.

      Delete
  2. Meh... my kids eat it too. It's a rite of passage... ;) lol!!

    Good job on saving $$ again this week and make a bit of extra $$ as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite as a kid was Capn' Crunch w/ Crunch Berries. Still is, ha, ha!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...