Friday, April 26, 2013

We’re Alive… I Think.


A nasty virus has swept through our household, I’m afraid.  It started with my oldest daughter who passed it onto her sister who then passed it onto me.  While they seemed affected mostly with sinus stuff my illness went right to my chest.  As an asthmatic that tends to get a good case of bronchitis every year I wasn’t thrilled. 

Luckily, we are on the mend and so far, knock on wood, I show no signs of bronchitis.  My hyperactive immune system seems to be working overtime.  We also were fortunate there were no sinus infections.  I was wondering at one point with my girls.  A couple of our friends also came down with it and we think they fared worse than we did. 

It started out with one mother bear of a headache and a sore throat.  We all agree the worst part has to be how completely exhausted we have been.  It feels like we just can’t get enough sleep.  

Needless to say, I have been incredibly grateful for the frozen meal components I had stashed in the freezer.  I had an assortment of soups, spaghetti and meat sauce and burrito filling to pull out and thaw so it made meal preparation much easier for us. 

One night, I have to confess, I did stop at the store and pick up a deli chicken and an already prepared salad.  I don’t mean a sack of prepared lettuce but an actual salad already made up in a plastic bowl.  Just serve and add salad dressing.  When I told my Mom about it she said she knew we were really sick. 

Our house is a complete disaster.  It has been all we could do to keep up on dishes and laundry and even that has been hit and miss.  At this point I really could care less.  The important thing is we are on the mend.  This other stuff will wait for us… unfortunately.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all of you are on the mend. The house will wait while all of you get back to speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. I keep telling myself that. :)

      Delete
  2. Being sick is the worst. We've all had multiple illnesses this past winter with some still lingering around.


    Get well and have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has really been a year for it. Here's to good health!!

      Delete
  3. This is *exactly* what we all have... :( If it makes you feel any better, we're right there with you and my house is a disaster area as well! :( Here's hoping we're all on the mend soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...