Monday, April 8, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves



Not a lot going on in our thrifty home this week. 

I did not grocery shop this week. 

I did buy the supplies I need to do the routine spring maintenance on our truck – air filter, oil and oil filter, replacement wipers and wiper fluid, coolant and a can of engine degreaser.  I also picked up a new set of floor mats as the one on the driver’s side has a big hole worn into it. 

I called the local parts stores and also checked online for prices to get new belts for the truck. 

I used my finger to scrape out every last bit of hair conditioner out of the bottle.  The bottle then went into the recycle bin. 

I finished the baby afghan I have been working on and got it listed in my Etsy store. 

We made wise use of our leftovers and had no food waste this week.  I also made fewer meals than I had planned to because of our leftovers so we used fewer groceries. 

I am still driving on last month’s tank of gas! 

The chickens blessed us with 16 eggs this week.

3 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...