Friday, September 20, 2013

It's Starting To Feel Like Fall

 
The days are getting shorter and the leaves are beginning to change on the trees already.  The last two nights have been downright chilly and the girls are wearing jackets to school in the morning. I even turned the heat on the last two mornings to take the chill off.  Brrr.

We've had quite a bit of much needed rain coupled with wind as well as thunder and lightning lighting up the skies.  It has made for quite a few magnificent light shows at night.  Very pretty, actually. 

With fall looming at us and officially starting in just a few days I guess I'd better get out my pen and pad and make one of my wonderful "To Do" lists I like so much.  There are plenty of tasks that need to be completed in preparation for winter.  One item that needs to go on the list is to add weather stripping to our front door as I discovered today that half of it appears to be missing. 

The other thing I need to seriously work on is to get started preparing for Christmas.  This year has definitely not been one where I have steadily done things each month to prepare for Christmas.  We do keep Christmas a relatively simple affair at our home but it still requires some planning, budgeting and saving.  So far I've done very little planning and preparing. 

Now that the girls are settling into school hopefully my schedule will also settle down a bit and I can get busy and work on some of these other things that need to get done.  This week has been crazy busy with all kinds of oddball things needing to be attended to. 

I am hoping for a quiet and restful weekend and then we'll see where we are at come Monday.  Do you have a big "To Do" list of winter preparations waiting for your attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...