Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Maximizing Our Space - Spices & Pot Lids


I've been looking for ways to maximize my storage in a neat and well organized manner.  It can't be an eyesore.  Whatever I choose needs to look nice, be completely functional and, of course, not overly expensive. 

My project of late has been to add a couple organizing racks to the inside of a couple cupboard doors.  I purchased a set of three vinyl coated wire racks at Walmart for about $8.  All various heights, same widths.  They are designed for a pantry or to go inside kitchen cabinets. 

Before
After
I used the one rack with two shelves to organize my most used spices.  I attached it to the inside of my dish cupboard over the kitchen sink.  I really enjoy having my spices easily available while I am cooking.  I also like that I can just close the cupboard door and everything is out of sight.  Neat and uncluttered. 

Before
After
Storing pot lids can be a bit of a trick.  After downsizing my cookware I had fewer to contend with but I still had them.  I used another rack and attached it inside the door of the cupboard I keep the pans in.  They all fit inside perfectly and again, door closed and they are out of sight, yet easily accessible.
 
Love it!

6 comments:

  1. I am taking mental notes on your good tips for when we get to start using our camper. But it is going to be awhile as we found out today that husband will be having another knee surgery in October. Hopefully next summer, we will be camping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knee surgery is a biggie. Fingers crossed for camping next summer! :)

      Delete
  2. Great ideas. It is amazing how little space we really need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding that is really true and what little stuff we need as well. When I find things are beginning to get cluttered I just start getting rid of more stuff. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...