Friday, September 27, 2013

Why I Chose This Car

1996 Mercedes Benz C220
Who wouldn't want to own and drive a Mercedes Benz if they had the opportunity?  A lot of people would and some could really care less.  I've always hoped that someday I might have the opportunity and I discovered it wasn't as far from my reach as I once thought. 

German engineering coupled with a little bit of luxury and their fine reputation for a standard of excellence has been quite a draw for me.  Plus, I like the looks of the car.  Buying a brand new Benz wasn't an option for me nor was it particularly what I wanted.  I knew I'd be happy with a really nice used car. 

This one had everything I was looking for: 

·         Excellent condition with no body damage.  Glass is intact.
·         The interior is intact, in good condition and no odors.
·         Leather seats with seat warmers.  Love that!
·         It is the color I wanted.
·         Low mileage for its age.
·         It came with all its service records and has been very well taken care of.
·         New set of tires.
·         The price was right. 

There are benefits to buying an older car: 

·         Lower price to begin with.  No car payments.
·         Less expensive to insure.
·         Less expensive to license.

It took me awhile to locate this car.  I had to look at and test drive a lot of icky cars before I found this one which only made me appreciate it that much more.  But I knew as soon as I made my first test drive that this was the one for me.  Of course, it always helps too when your mechanic tells you it’s a nice car. 
 
Unlike with my truck, I didn't wait fifteen years to upgrade the stereo.  I took care of that on Tuesday.  Very happy about that too, thanks to a certain someone who nudged me to make this purchase in the first place.

I may have had to wait a long time to own my first luxury automobile but in the long run I think it was worth the wait.  It definitely made all the crappy stuff I went through this summer seem far less important as well.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...