Monday, September 9, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


My birthday was Monday so we took the money we had earmarked for a lunch out and spent it at the grocery store for rib eye steaks, salad fixings, a bottle of wine and dessert.  We got way more mileage for our dollars and enjoyed a delicious dinner in our sweet little home.  Total spent came in at $25.  We couldn't have enjoyed a rib eye dinner at a restaurant complete with drinks and dessert for that.  Plus there were leftovers for lunch the next day! 

On Tuesday I finally replaced my dying cell phone with a new one on sale at Kmart for $29.99.  Now I have a current, fully functional phone and I won't keep disconnecting people.  Unless it is on purpose. J  I plan to recycle my old one. 

I treated myself to a purse I bought at a second hand store.  Brand new, still had the tags, for $9.99.  My other purse, while cute, fun and fashionable, has not exactly been practical.  Now I can get the things I need inside my purse.  I think I'll resell my old one on eBay.  It is a Miche bag and has several different shells to go with it. 

I bought three boxes of breakfast cereal on sale - 3 for $5 and used $1.50 in coupons.  Final price $3.50 or $1.16 per box.  That's a price I can live with. 

I read books and watched a movie borrowed from a friend.  I also watched a couple programs on Amazon.  I listened to music and watched music videos on YouTube. 

I had sales on both Etsy and eBay this week.  I also listed more items to sell on eBay. 

A friend of mine gave me her ads and coupons from the Sunday paper.  I also went online and printed some coupons for groceries.  I was very selective with the ones I chose. 

I took all of our plastic, cardboard and newspapers in to be recycled along with a grocery bag stuffed full of plastic bags.  We are now back to using our re-usable grocery bags. 

After more sorting and organizing I began to put together another bag of donations for the animal rescue thrift store. 

I bought three birthday cards at the dollar store for 50¢ each. 

I combined the contents of two hand soap dispensers.  I used water to rinse out one of them and topped off our foaming hand soap dispenser with it. 

I purchased a new sewer hose and support rack for the RV on Amazon for half price plus free shipping. 

I use proceeds from my eBay sales to purchase replacement ink cartridges for our printer from a seller on eBay saving me a lot of money over purchasing them from Amazon or Staples.  Plus I was able to use my PayPal account to pay for them.  Easy peasy! 

I spent 68¢ on a fly swatter so I could MURDER flies.  Money well spent.  J 

Would now be a good time to mention how much I love our new washing machine and collapsible clothes dryer?  So grateful to have them. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I bought steaks one night instead of going out and realized how much nicer the evening was. We had a great meal for so much less than at a restaurant.

    Just found your blog and can't wait to read back through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa! Good steaks too I bet. So glad you found us. Hope to hear from you often. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a Happy Birthday!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...