Friday, September 13, 2013

Just Some Random Thoughts Today

Laundry - not much more to be said.
 
I love, love, love our new washer and "dryer".  Having them makes my life so much nicer and easier.  The washing machine does an excellent job getting our clothes clean and it really is wonderful not to go to the laundromat anymore.  Clean clothes anytime I want. 

Henry snoozing on my daughter's bed.

I love, love, love my tiny home.  While it rained last night I fell asleep listening to it tapping our roof all snug in my queen sized bed with my kitty Henry curled up beside me.  I also had on my new pajamas I had bought from Dillards on the clearance rack.  Original price $64 and I paid $19.  Love the fabric and super comfy.

Tomatoes from the landlady

I love our new neighborhood and slowly we are getting to know the neighbors as well.  I really enjoy our sweet little grocery store with the post office inside and the library right next door.  My girls are able to visit the library weekly and as a result they are reading a lot more.  Of course it helps that we no longer have access to regular television.  I'm reading a whole lot more as well. 

My new favorite breakfast

My tiny kitchen is proving to be just perfect for me and the girls to prepare meals in and super quick to clean up after.  The big cutting board I bought to put over the sink makes it really nice adding just the right amount of extra space we need.  I've tailored our meal plan for simple easy-prep meals and we actually seem to be enjoying them more for some reason. 

I am tickled pink that I can clean my entire house in less than an hour.  I do this once a week while the girls are in school.  I am still working to streamline, organize and set up things in here and I expect to continue to do so for awhile yet. 

Old one.
Stella was my helper.

New one.
Isn't it pretty?

I replaced the old sewer line with a new one this week. Took about 15  minutes and it looks lovely.  Well as lovely as a sewer line can, anyway. 

Best thing of all right now is that my girls are loving their new schools.  They are making friends, love their classes and their teachers.  Open house was last night for my oldest.  She was just beaming and more than a little excited to show me around and introduce me to her teachers.  They really do seem wonderful. 

To top it off it has been a wonderful week.  How has your week been?

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear you all are settling in well. Getting rid of our TV years ago was the best thing we did. My husband use to have the TV on while sitting at the computer. Talk about a waste of electricity.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to say I was guilty of the exact same thing. I wasn't even watching the TV, it was just background noise. Now I listen to music when I am on the computer. Much more enjoyable.

      Have a great day Jill!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I popped over here from Alice's blog and I just love your blog! You sound so content in your move to a simpler calmer life. I lived in New York City for 31 years until I got married and I have to say even though I like to visit once in a while...I wouldn't live there again. I like the quiet here and getting to actually know your neighbors is priceless!
    New follower here!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! So glad you found us. There are a lot of places I like to visit but don't necessarily want to live in. :) I am amazed at my own transformation in just this past month. It has definitely been good for me. I sure breathe a whole lot better. Have a great day Joanne!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...