Thursday, September 5, 2013

Truck Update


Remember this?
Okay, so at the first of August I had my truck loaded up and taken to my mechanic and found out the left rear driver's side wheel was about to fall off.  Apparently the tire store that put on the new tires didn't tighten up the lug nuts enough and it caused two of them to sheer off and the rest were just about to go. 

My mechanic drilled them all out and replaced them and we are back in business.  I'm irritated with the negligence of the tire store but even more with myself.  I didn't do what my dad always told me to do when you get new tires.  Check the lug nuts and make sure they are on tight.  I always do, but I didn’t do that this time. 

I was busy and had a lot going on so I "trusted" that they did their job.  Well, it almost cost me my truck and quite possibly my life and that of my children.  So stupid!  I can't begin to tell you how mad at myself I am.  Even though I took the truck in a second time because I felt a "shimmy" in the rear I should have been even more vigilant.  I wasn't. 

Thankfully the repair only cost $112 and my Good Sam's Club membership handled the towing to the mechanic.  I'm still out the substantial cost of the U-haul and car hauler, not to mention the exorbitant fuel bill. 

So what am I going to do now?  Well after thanking God for keeping us safe I plan to assemble my paperwork and see if the tire store will own up to its responsibility and reimburse me some of the expense I incurred.  Hopefully they will. 

My mechanic was outraged.  I'm just incredibly grateful that nothing worse happened.  I shudder to think of the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...