Friday, September 6, 2013

Sometimes Plans Go Awry

 
Last spring I had a grand plan for our summer.  I can satisfactorily say that just about everything I had planned did not come to fruition.  That happens.  And yes, it can be upsetting, frustrating, even a little depressing but if I have learned one thing over the years it is this.  Plans can be changed. 

I know I have mentioned that I have tried to move from Boise on three separate occasions and I have been stopped dead in my tracks each time.  This last time I really pushed hard to get out of here too.  No matter what I did something happened to stop me.  The harder I pushed the greater the catastrophe.  Eventually you just have to concede, which I finally did. 

I was amazed, my friends were amazed and my family was amazed.  Despite everyone's support and help to get us on the road it just wasn't happening.  That is when you find you cannot deny a higher power must be at work here and you probably need to pay attention before you land yourself in some real trouble. 

So why are we still here?  I have absolutely no flipping idea.  But I can tell you, that once I stopped fighting the process and gave in, life seemed to get easier. 

Some things did go according to plan.  The house rented right away and selling our stuff, although a lot of hard work, was easy.  Restructuring my business to online sales went better than I expected too.  Then other things moved painfully slow.  Selling off the remainder of the business took forever as did selling our car.  The building has a new tenant now and they even wanted some of our furnishings. 

My mother told me I didn't need to move away to get the Tiny House I wanted and as it turns out she was correct.  I was hoping for a warmer climate and a different city to live in.  Well I have a new neighborhood and it is a lot like moving to a different city in that I can walk across the road and I'm actually in another town. 

Instead of being in the busy downtown part of Boise I'm out in the country, just outside the city limits.  I don't hear the traffic on the interstate or the sirens from emergency responders.  I hear birds, horses, a woodpecker, a rooster that crows at all times of day, and quiet.  I take long walks and think about things or I don’t bother to think at all.  I pull goat heads out of my sandals and cheat grass out of my cat.  My kids play outside and I don't worry as much about that.  I breathe. 

So am I happy?  Heck yeah, I am!  I'm as happy as if I had good sense.  J

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are happy. I do understand that feeing of really wanting to move, and it can make you almost crazy unhappy with the old place.
    Your new home sounds perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seriously loving our new home and our new lifestyle. We were talking last night at dinner and we all agreed that even the food tastes better. Funny, huh? Enjoy your day Rhonda!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...