Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


I made foaming soap refill solution for the bathroom dispenser with 3 Tbs. liquid soap and 2/3 cup warm water.  One filled dispenser lasts us nearly four weeks.  The new solution works perfectly and what a thrifty recipe! 

We organized some more and filled a large green trash bag with items to donate after realizing, once again, we have kept too much stuff. 

Our next door neighbor provided us with a dozen farm fresh eggs, bless her heart! 

Our landlady surprised us with a basket filled with veggies from her garden. 

I loaded up my Etsy store and now we are up and running once again!  I listed and sold more items on eBay. 

I wrapped a friend's birthday gifts with newspaper and decorated the packages with bright red bows recycled from Christmas.  I also added a jar of homemade jam.  He loved it! 

We enjoyed Family Movie Nite with DVDs from our own collection.  I watched NYPD Blue episodes on Amazon Prime. 

I sent a huge load of stuff to an animal rescue thrift store.  I felt really good about getting rid of stuff and to be helping out a wonderful cause. 

We used up every last bit of toothpaste in a tube as well as every last drop of dish soap in a bottle.  I recycled the bottle.  I replaced the toothpaste with a trial size tube I got as a free sample in the mail. 

I did not grocery shop this week as we had plenty of food in the house. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the animal rescue thrift store!

    Last week wasn't too thrifty for us. I bought 2 pairs of jeans for $6 at Goodwill, unfortunately they don't fit. I never actually try them on at the store. I hate how you can't go by just sizes. Heck, I had on the same brand and size as one pair I picked up and they wouldn't even button. I spent $80 on work clothes for the husband at an outlet store. It's a lot of money for me to spend in one go, but name brand and good quality and it got him 3 pairs of khaki dress pants and 2 button up dress shirts. But it did give us a $5 off coupon for our next visit.

    I did find a beautiful 500 piece cat jigsaw puzzle on sale for $1.50. And I found out I can borrow library books on my Kindle! I didn't think I could since I have the basic one and it wasn't under the list of supported ones, but I tried it and it turns out I can. Excites me. I love the feel of a book in my hands, but I am extremely unsocial and hate going to the library.

    Sorry to ramble on. But I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing. I think you managed to get a lot for your $80. Great job! I love that you love our blog. Hope to hear from you often. Have a fabulous day!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...