Friday, July 1, 2016

Goals For July


I was in high productivity mode last month and boy did I get some stuff done!  Not quite sure where all the motivation came from but I was sure happy to have it.  Not all of the items I had on my list got crossed off but quite a few of them did.  Unfortunately my creative and fun projects seemed to get sidelined, but I hope to remedy that this month.  That's not say we didn't have fun last month, because we did. J

This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Do some investment cooking
6.         Complete another small home improvement project
7.         Complete 2 retirement house projects
8.         Service our truck
9.         Create a new menu plan for August
10.       Make something to sell in my Etsy store
11.        List several items to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or Family Game Nite!
13.        Purchase or make a Christmas gift
14.       Make or bake something to share
15.        Invite guests over for dessert or dinner

This is how I did last month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing  World Center Birds of Prey, Finding Dory, out to lunch
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Do some investment cooking  pork verde, beans, soup
6.         Complete another small home improvement project  repaired a closet door for $0, added a pine shelf with three brackets in the garage for extra storage $16
7.         Complete 3 retirement house projects
8.         Wash and detail our truck
9.         Create a new menu plan for July
10.       Make something to sell in my Etsy store
11.        List several items to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or Family Game Nite!
13.        Purchase or make a Christmas gift
14.       Start a draft of my annual Christmas letter 
15.        Invite guests over for dessert or dinner

I also added these things to my list:

16.       Purge the girl's clothing
17.        Spring clean the girl's bedrooms
18.       Consolidate and organize craft supplies
19.       Spring clean hall closet
20.       Spring clean the laundry room
21.        Spring clean my bedroom
22.       Spring clean my car
23        Spring clean garage

And I finished these two tasks from prior lists:

7.         Spring clean our living room
13.        Spring clean our dining room

The girls and I had been working on the dining room a little bit at a time but I got a bug one evening after work and just finished it.  The next night we tackled the living room.  Funny that once I took spring cleaning off the list I was inspired to actually do some.  Weird. J


Sadly all of my creative projects took a hit in that I didn't do anything.  And I have tons of new ideas swirling around in my head.  I did purchase a tomato pin cushion for my vintage sewing box and a sweet little rooster tea pot I thought would be perfect in my future vintage/retro kitchen but that was it.  I found the tea pot at a thrift store (the youngest and I had time to kill while waiting to pick up her sister).



Next month I hope to catch up on some of the items I missed and see if I can't knock a few projects off my list.  Since the weather is set to be hot in July, it will be good to have plenty of indoor things to do.



2 comments:

  1. I noticed a family movie night on your list. :) This brought back such great memories for me from when our boys were growing up. Every Friday, when they were young and even in their early teens, we had family movie night and they could invite their friends to join us and spend the night if they wished. We all took turns picking a movie either from our collection here at home or one we borrowed from the library. I would make big bowls of popcorn and a huge pitcher of koolaid or sometimes we would have homemade pizza and eat dinner while watching the movie. The boys, their friends and my hubby and I always looked forward to those nights! Thank you for the trip down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so neat. Thank you for sharing that with me. What a wonderful memory.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...