Monday, April 3, 2017

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Using Fred Meyer coupons I had received in the mail I made a produce and dairy run on Sunday morning knowing we had a busy week ahead.  It was good to know the house was well stocked for quick meals as we worked around our crazy schedule.

My oldest made a batch of pie crust and used a huge apple we had to make some mini apple tarts.  She took some of those with her to snack on for the college visitation trip she went on at the beginning of the week.


My daughter belongs to a college prep group called TRIO.  This chapter is based out of Boise State University and they work with area high school students to assist them in their pursuit of higher education.  The college visitation trip was fully funded by TRIO including all of their meals and even a night out to the movies.  She will also have free access to SAT prep classes and TRIO cover college application fees.  Additionally they will assist her with scholarship and financial assistance applications.  It is a fantastic program and I am so happy she is part of this group.  My youngest will be joining next year.  If you have access to TRIO I strongly recommend looking into it for your children or grandchildren.

I used funds the hens had accumulated from egg sales to purchase them a 50# bag of feed.  We also enjoyed quite a few meals made from eggs.  I love having that steady supply.


My darling little one had to have two teeth extracted as part of her orthodontic treatment.  Because the insurance it covering her orthodontics 100% they covered this procedure as well.  We are so very blessed to have this coverage.  I also want to thank all of you who have wished her well.  She is doing great and is very happy to have this part behind her.


Thursday was the annual regional competition for robotics so we spent the latter half of the week cheering on my oldest and her all-girl team.  Man it is fun to watch those robot teams compete.  Like last year it I am still amazed at how much talent and ingenuity goes into creating these machines and the course itself.  So cool!


Now with the bulk of our after school activities completed I'm hoping for a quieter and more productive home routine.  We still have a few band and orchestra concerts as well as my youngest's track matches, but I think it will be much more manageable.  It has been a little bit crazy lately.

How was your thrifty week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...