Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Vegan Chocolate Cake


I'm not a vegan, but I know a good cake and this one is a good one!  I made it for us a month or so ago because I've been looking for healthier dessert options for us.  Well, let me tell you, one bite and you might question whether it is really a healthier cake, because it tastes so darn good!

Vegan Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water or black coffee
6 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

In a large mixing bowl whisk dry ingredients together.  Add remaining ingredients and whisk until batter is nice and smooth.  Pour into an oiled 8" X 8" baking pan.  Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back at the touch.  Remove to rack and allow to cool.


Frosting

2 Tbs. vegan butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. almond milk

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat slowly with a mixer until combined.  Then beat on high until fluffy.  Add more almond milk if needed.  Frost cooled cake.  Serves 9.


I used regular butter in the frosting, but everything else I followed to the letter.  It was fabulous! 

Definitely give this one a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...