Friday, April 28, 2017

My Grocery Budget 2017 - April Update


It didn't take me long after last month to slip back into my thrifty grocery shopping ways.  I mean we're talking 30+ years of ingrained thriftiness here.  No way is that just going to go out the window in a month.  And while I enjoyed having a more liberal grocery budget last month I really enjoy the bargain hunt more.  Plus, we had a lot of food waste, although the chickens would beg to differ.  To them they just ate better.  So not a total waste, but you know what I mean.


My nonfood purchases of toiletries, canned cat food, sandwich bags, fabric softener and a lint roller totaled $24.73 of my $25.00 budget.  A lot of what I purchased came from the dollar store so that helped me to keep my expenses low.


Contrary to last month my list is much, much shorter and the total is much, much smaller.  Most of what I bought is produce with a few junky items thrown in to keep the kiddos happy.  The items highlighted in red are my stock up items:


$69.25 ÷ 30 days ÷3 people = $.77 per person per day!

Free cheese!

How did you do last month?  Any great bargains?


This budget month runs from April 1 through April 30



6 comments:

  1. That is a pretty amazing daily food total!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I did pretty well, those store coupons helped a bunch too.

      Delete
  3. I really love how you itemized your shopping list. I have two questions - I don't see any meat on your list. Do you not purchase it?
    Do you add tax to your itemized food list or is the amount just the cost of the item?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously stocked up on meat back in January so I have an extremely full freezer in our garage right now. And no I don't include tax for two reasons - sales tax isn't edible and we get a grocery tax credit every year when I file my taxes, which covers it quite nicely for us, and therefore really isn't coming out of my pocket.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...