Wednesday, August 25, 2021

$17 Grocery Outlet Prep!

 


I added some fun stuff to the prepper pantry in the form of chocolate chip and peanut butter granola bars, my daughter's two favorite flavors.  Our Grocery Outlet Bargain Market had some sixty count boxes for $4.99 each so I picked up two.  I divided them into batches of ten, five chocolate chip and five peanut butter, and vacuum sealed them in packages with the date on them.

 




Each bar has the nutrition facts on it and it is clear as to what they are so I didn't need to do anything special.  Now we have 120 granola bars added to the prepper pantry.  A couple of those makes for a quick breakfast or one for a snack on the hiking trail.  I think it was a really good addition.

 



While I was there I found a thirty count box of Swiss Miss hot cocoa packets for only $2.99 so grabbed that as well.  I divided that up into six packets and vacuum sealed five packages of hot cocoa mix.  My girls really enjoy hot cocoa at the holidays topped with whipped cream  so I'll have plenty for several holidays to come.

 


I picked up two packages of peanut butter cookie mix because they were only 50¢ each as well as a couple jars of spices.  I like to pick up spices here and there as I find them for a good price and these were only 99¢ each.

 


I think that was a pretty good prepper haul for the $17 I spent on it.  Since I've already got the basics pretty much handled it is nice to shop for these little extras to add in that will make life a little nicer no matter what we might be facing in the future.  Regardless, I know I'll be able to make Christmas cookies and serve some hot cocoa no matter our circumstances.  I think that's great!

 

 

8 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...