Thursday, August 5, 2021

Living Room

 


Just like my dining room cleaning routine the living room is pretty much the same.  We have the same rule about picking up after yourself and we always do a walkthrough at the end of the day to straighten up pillows and throws, remove any dishes (usually water glasses) that made their way in and put away items that don't belong.  We also put away the kitty toys because they refuse to help out, little brats.

 


In fifteen minutes or less, usually less, I can clean the living room.  I dust the surfaces and run the vacuum cleaner.  Every couple of weeks or so I hand mop the entry way or polish the wood furniture.  As part of my quarterly housekeeping checklist I clean mirrors and the window, move the sofa and recliner to clean behind and beneath them and give my refurbished china cabinet a little more attention.  I also do the walls, ceiling and door as well as clean the outlet plates.

 


That's pretty much it.  It is a simple, quick and easy process.  Not time consuming at all.  And for the most part, it stay that way on a regular basis.  We spend a lot of time in our living room and having it neat and tidy makes it even more enjoyable.

 

4 comments:

  1. I struggle with dusting. Yuk. What do you use to dust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favorite either. I have a couple of chamois cloths I've had for years that I like to use, especially for polishing furniture. But I really like the Swiffer duster.

      Delete
  2. I don’t even own a swifter duster. I’m gonna pick one up and see if it helps to motivate me. 😝

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...