Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Making Things Better #7

 


I have done a few more things around the house to make our lives a little better.  First thing I will share, and I'm glad you all still enjoy hearing about this, is my continued decluttering of our home.  I recently decluttered some glassware from our dining room and got rid of the items I no longer use anymore.  Initially I was planning to donate these items after I boxed them all up, but my oldest is planning a yard sale and asked me to save stuff to put in the her sale so I have them set aside in the garage.  I'm not sure how much I'll have to give her, but if it helps her out and she can make some extra cash to offset some of her college and household expenses I'm all for it.


Before

 

After

The next area I decluttered and reorganized is the piece of furniture our TV currently sits on in the living room.  I use it to store all of my office supplies, labels, envelops and copy paper for the printer.  It had become pretty messy so I pulled everything out, removed what I no longer need or want and all of the items that didn't belong there in the first place.  Then I organized my supplies in the top drawer and placed the paper, labels and envelopes in the bottom drawer.  So much neater, nicer and more functional.

 


Another thing I've begun to do is get back to prepping.  A few weeks ago I ordered four cans of freeze dried meats to add to the pantry.  It is something I've wanted to do for a while, but the cost of those items had kept me from doing so.  Now that our prepper pantry has a good foundation I'm ready to start adding the freeze dried options.

 


Along with the freeze dried meats I am adding more dehydrated food options and a few more pantry items have been added as well.  I recently added another bankers box full of vacuum sealed and canned goods.  With the possibility of more COVID restrictions and the fact that I'm trying to go for early retirement I feel it is a good thing to do right now.

 


Lastly, I've been working really hard to get my life back to normal and back to how it was prior to my little health crisis.  I think it is super important for me to push through and get back to being the best me that I can right now.  I've made a lot of decisions and some solid plans to get me back to "normal".  At least my kind of normal.

 


That’s about it for the time being.  Have any of you done some things to make your lives better lately?  I'd love to hear about it.

 

6 comments:

  1. I love the chest under your tv. It's my kind of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's one of my favorite pieces in my home.

      Delete
  2. I'm stocking up, too. Just not sure what is coming, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your link for the freeze-dried meat. I'm going to place an order soon. I have canned meat on the pantry shelf but this would be a good addition. I'm looking at the canned cheeses too. I can dehydrate fruit but not cheese.
    I've been kinder to my self this past year and taking care of me. I had a hard 14 months starting in Nov. 2019 and I am still recovering from that. (Job stress & pandemic)
    Dh will be retiring from factory job in 4 years and I will be retiring in 7 yrs. It's time to finalize plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to sever that link. They don't have any product so you'll need to try another company. Sign of our times I suppose.

      I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough go but very glad you are making yourself a priority. If you can find a way to retire earlier along with your husband do it! Cut expenses, save more, whatever you need to do. XXX

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...