Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A Thrifty August Recap

 


TO BEGIN WITH:  I began the month of August by going back to work full time.  It wasn't planned, it just happened.  I woke up one day starving for normalcy.  I talked to my team at work and we agreed for me to try it out one day at a time.  If I get tired and need a break or an afternoon or a day off I take it.  So far, I've done just fine and will continue to take it one day at a time.  It is going well and I feel just fine.

 


With $49 still left in my checking account, $8 and a few coins in my wallet and a half tank of fuel in both my car and my truck I began the month.  On payday I paid ALL of our monthly expenses, topped up the gas tanks (oooooh, the price of gas!) and put $100 into my savings account.  Not a lot to save this time, but still something.  I had great success with grocery shopping last month and we are fully stocked and ready for winter.  I am super happy about that.  On my next payday, my first full time paycheck since May, I paid September's mortgage and put more into my savings.  It felt nice to finally get a full paycheck (with a little overtime) and it did wonders for my mental wellbeing.  I feel normal. J

 


NEXT STEPS:  I am pretty much taking life in general one day at a time and doing the best I can.  That is all anyone can do, quite honestly.  I've got some big things coming up and I'm finding it all pretty exciting, actually.  Not sure how much I should share yet, but as it feels right you will likely hear about it.  In the meantime I'm in full on preparation mode.

 


WAYS I SAVED $$:  I did my best to work with the funds I had available for my grocery shopping and stocking up for the upcoming winter as well as some other events that will be taking place.  We have been very good about waste and using what we have on hand to keep our spending in check.  I dumped the change in my wallet into my change jar.  I used part of one of my Albertson's gift cards to get more mileage out of our grocery budget.

 


WAYS I EARNED EXTRA $$:  I earned some more by selling items in my Etsy store.  I made more inventory, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and listed it.  I sold some of our extra eggs to a friend.  I spoke to a broker and have begun shopping around for better prices on our insurance which renews in October and November.

 


LOOKING BACK:  I am extremely happy with how things have shaken out this past month.  I was able to accomplish A LOT and I feel much better having been productive and more like my normal self.  I am very happy with my decision to be working full time hours again.

 


LOOKING AHEAD:  I need to be mindful to pace myself and not overdo things.  I don't need or want any setbacks.  Heading into the cooler months with the holidays fast approaching I feel better prepared.  I'm eagerly looking forward to the future and I'm super excited about all I have ahead of me.  It is going to be spectacular!

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...