Saturday, November 24, 2012

Birthday Central

My daughters were born three years and three days apart.  This week, in addition to Thanksgiving Day, we celebrated two birthdays.  Just for fun we threw in hosting a Holiday Bazaar at our shop, just in case we didn’t have quite enough to do. 

In preparation of these birthdays we have been busy little bees.  I have spent a great amount of time with my sewing machine lately as I made them fleece bathrobes.  I also crocheted slippers to go with them and made my oldest daughter a lace scarf after seeing a similar one on Pinterest.



 
My youngest stitched her sister a fleece hat from fabric she found in my stash.  She also added a bag of Doritos, which she bought at the corner convenience store with a coupon for 10¢.  She is quite proud of that.  I think she is a real chip off the old block. 

In addition to the robe, scarf and slippers I was able to get a $25 gift card for the oldest one free with my rewards points and I added a “coupon” for an afternoon of shopping and a stop at Applebees for her favorite appetizer.  She said this is her favorite gift.  Time alone with Mom! 

Wednesday we stopped at the dollar store so the oldest could shop for her sister.  I parked right at the front door and we waited for her in the car.  She was able to pick up quite a few items for her to draw with plus BBQ potato chips and a Hershey bar.  I helped her round out her purchases with a few items from the School Supply box. 

Yesterday was youngest daughter’s birthday.  I ordered her an MP3 player from Amazon because I couldn’t find it for less locally.  I also picked up a 12 pack of ramen and a can of jumbo olives for her as they are her favorites.  She loved her gifts and was quite surprised by the MP3 player.  She has been wanting one for a very long time and I am grateful I was able to get it for her. 

I love the thoughtfulness my girls put in to their gifts for each other.  I love that we kept it simple, basic and affordable.  I love that they are happy and content.  I don’t love that they are growing up so quickly and I feel like time is getting away from me.  I do love that as they grow older we are able to learn more and do more together.  It’s just a little bittersweet.

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...