Monday, November 12, 2012

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Last week was a busy week!  I did a little more double couponing last Monday at Walmart.


·         2 one pound packages of wieners 89¢ each, less $1.50 in coupons = final price 14¢ each!
·         1 two pound package brown sugar & 1 two pound package of powdered sugar, less $1.50 in coupons = final price 93¢ each
·         Gourmet cheese $2.98, less $2 in coupons = final price 98¢ 

I paid for my coupon items, plus some mushrooms, salmon fillets and three more skeins of yarn with my Walmart gift card, so no out of pocket expense. 

I finished crocheting a pink and white baby afghan so now my baby shower gifts supply has been restocked.  I knitted two hats to give as gifts. 

I ordered a birthday gift on Amazon with free super saver shipping and saved over half the price of what these two items were going for at the store here locally. 

I ordered a $25 gift card to use as a birthday gift for one of my daughters using my rewards points so it cost $0! 

I dropped off the water bills from home and the shop in the drop box at United Water on my way to Bunco (I drive right past it) and saved myself 2 stamps - 88¢!


I crocheted another set of potholders, knitted a baby hat and two toddler hats for the holiday bazaar we will be holding in a couple of weeks.

 

I advertised our bazaar for free with the local newspaper and offered booth space on Craigslist with one person accepting.  I still have one available if anyone is interested.

I finished my November grocery shopping and about 90% of December’s list so I will save myself a trip to Winco next month, thus saving some gas. 

At the shop I built a new eyeglass display board out of supplies I picked up at Home Depot.  Final price came in at ½ the cost of the shipping had I purchased a pre-made one from a frame display company or had been fortunate to find a used one in good condition.  I ordered the clips that fit on the board and hold the eyeglasses from Amazon at ¼ the cost of what the display company charges and with free super saver shipping.  Final total for this display will come in at less than ¼ the price of purchasing it from a display company!

Interior view - I can hardly wait for the clips
to arrive so I can fill this space with eyeglasses.

Exterior with website sign moved down.
Slowly, but surely, it is coming along!

Also at the shop I repurposed a 24 piece rotating display that one of my reps gave me.  I touched up the black paint where it was chipped with a Sharpie marker.  You can’t even tell and it looks really nice.


So as you can see my thrifty ways don’t end at home.  I take them everywhere I go and my little business is certainly not immune. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...