Monday, November 19, 2012

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


I started out the week with a little more double couponing last Monday at Walmart. 

·         1 bonus jar of Best Foods mayo (included a package of Knorr soup to make spinach dip with) $3.98, less $2 in coupons = final price $1.98
·         1 package mild Italian sausages $3.78, less $1 in coupons = final price $2.78
·         2 large cans premium chicken breast $2.28 each, less $2 in coupons = final price $1.28 each 

Once again I paid for my coupon items with my Walmart gift card, so no out of pocket expense.  I will, however, still track them on December’s spending roster.
 

Monday night I filled up my car at the Fred Meyer gas station, used my rewards card to save an additional 3¢ per gallon.  Final price was $3.54 a gallon.  First time I put gas in the car since 10/13/12! 

I did some work for my elderly next door neighbor, collected her mail and hauled her trash to the curb all month plus I raked her leaves.  She paid me $35.  I always tell her I’ll do it for free but she insists on paying me. 

I knitted four more hats for the Holiday bazaar and recruited two more people to set up a booth.  It should be interesting to see how it all works out.  I am starting to get really excited about it. 


I finished two birthday gifts for my girls this week and am thrilled with how well they turned out.  The fabric I used was given to me by a friend and the pattern I used was one I bought last summer on sale at JoAnn’s for $1.99.  I already had the thread and buttons on hand that I used too so no out of pocket expenses for these gifts.  I’ll post more about these gifts next week after their birthdays are over. 

The brackets for the eyeglasses arrived and I was able to complete my new display area, which I quickly filled with pretty ladies frames.  I am so pleased with how it turned out and I think it looks every bit as good as the ones they sell at the frame display company.  I am excited to get the next one done and put up next month. 

The girls and I went to Big Lots and picked out a new seven foot unlit artificial Christmas tree.  I did want a pre-lit one as they tend to stop lighting up after a short while and then you are stuck with a tree full of dead lights.  We happen to like untangling and re-tangling strings of lights and wrapping them around a tree.  J 


While at Big Lots we also picked up a few items to decorate our shop with.  I have a small budget set aside for this and we found quite a few things to get there including items to put together a wreath to hang up on the outside of the shop.  We spent $20 of our budget there and then on Thursday I spent another $20 at the dollar store.  We are now ready for Christmas at the shop. 

I made one meat free meal for us last week and we ate up all our leftovers so no food waste at all.  We did not eat out last week either.
 
All in all, I think I had a pretty good thrifty week!

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering how you do double couponing at Walmart? I didn't know that there were any Walmarts that did that. That is great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my Albertson's coupon doublers at Walmart. It is part of their competitor price match guarantee. See if yours will do it.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...