Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Menu


I am so looking forward to a day in the kitchen preparing a wonderful meal for my family.  I expect our menu looks pretty basic and a lot like most of you will be having.  We will brine our turkey overnight on Wednesday and then roast on Thursday. I do not stuff it. 

We will be enjoying: 

·         Turkey & Gravy
·         Mashed Potatoes
·         Steamed Rice
·         Stuffing
·         Dinner Rolls & Butter
·         Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
·         Relish Plate – assorted pickles & olives
·         Steamed Broccoli
·         Green Beans
·         Fruit Salad
·         Pumpkin Pie & Whipped Cream
·         Apple Cider
·         Chardonnay
·         Hot Coffee & Tea 

The leftovers are one of the best parts of Thanksgiving and I plan to enjoy those over the weekend.  Of course, I’ll use the turkey carcass to make broth for the freezer.  I also plan to use any leftover cranberry sauce in an apple pie later on. 

What wonderful things will you be serving this year?
 
You may enjoy revisiting My Grandma's No-Crust Pumpkin Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...