Monday, March 11, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning, when I opened the door to get the paper, I found a large bag of dry plus five cans of moist cat foot on my porch.  My neighbors had left it for me sometime the night before.  While I am glad to have it I am sad that the reason is because their beloved kitty passed away after 17 years of love and affection.  I can completely understand why they didn’t want to ring the doorbell. 

I sent my aunt’s surprise afghan to her.  I used money in my PayPal account to print a shipping label online.  I also reused the priority shipping box I sent it in.  I had received something in it last summer.  I love it when I can reuse or recycle something! 

Last week I received an email from Nascar.com that I’d won a travel mug of my favorite driver.  It arrived in Tuesday’s mail.  I was so excited to get it as I never win anything, really.  It is a really nice mug too! 

Friday I found a pair of black shoes on clearance for $23.  That takes care of my annual pair of work shoes purchase.   Another item off my list.

I sold a dozen eggs to a friend of mine for $2.  We now have $6 to put toward our next feed purchase. 

I bought the ingredients and made up a container of homemade laundry detergent. 

I dragged out my VHS tapes of the Star Wars Trilogy and played them for our family movie marathon night.  Still great movies and the girls loved them.  I popped popcorn too. 

Our chickens blessed us with 17 eggs this week!  Another record!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting. I figured you wore yourself out ironing. :) I managed to win a $25 visa last year and I was so excited, like you, I never seem to win. My husband finally said, it wasn't a million dollars. Ha ha Seemed like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting a little bit crazy around here. That ironing really took it out of me! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww.. :( That was nice of them to share however, i'm sure they're glad that it will be used. I try to reuse shipping materials as much as I can as they tend to add up so quickly!! 17 eggs, wow!! Nothing better than farm fresh eggs!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...