Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Break


It is spring break this week and I am very much enjoying a reprieve from packing lunches and dashing them off to school early in the morning.  Instead I am allowing myself a little extra sleep in the morning, an extra cup of coffee and a more leisurely pace before I dash off to work. 

My little darlings will be fending for themselves for lunch a few times so I prepared ahead some taco meat and tuna salad.  And, of course, there is always peanut butter.  It will make preparing their own lunches a fair bit easier.  Easier on my kitchen too, I suspect. 

They got to start off on their first day by cleaning their room, including the closet.  That was a project! 

Another thing we’ll do is empty out their backpacks and wash them with their insulated lunchboxes and hang to dry.  They haven’t been done since Christmas break so they are due. 

Yesterday they spent the day with me at work and then we were treated to dinner out by a friend of ours.  Very nice! 

Usually we plan a trip to visit relatives, but with a new business to tend to that isn’t the case this year.  Instead we are staying home, watching movies, playing games, catching up on some chores around the house and hopefully will get to fit in a BBQ if the weather holds. 

What are you doing with your Spring Break this year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...