Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sausage & Peppers


One of our family’s favorite meals is an Italian dish of Sausage and Peppers.  I don’t make it a lot so it is a special treat when I do. 

Sausage & Peppers 

2 pkgs. Italian sausages – chicken, turkey or pork
1 bell pepper, cut into one inch pieces
1 small onion, cut into one inch pieces
1 Tbs. oil
2 cans Italian style tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp. dried crushed basil
1 pound spaghetti, cooked
Grated parmesan 

Heat oil in large pot on medium heat, brown sausages.  Add peppers and onions.  Once peppers and onions begin to brown add tomatoes and two cans of water, garlic and basil.  Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. 

Serve over hot spaghetti.  Garnish with parmesan cheese. 

Simple, quick and delicious! 


For leftovers I slice remaining sausages and toss everything together with pasta to reheat for another quick meal.

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I really like this meal, easy and really tasty. Today is beans and cheese burritos. Maybe tomorrow! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good. I will do this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Hubby would love this... i'll have to give it a go, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...