Monday, March 25, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


On Sunday I tried my homemade laundry detergent.  The first thing I noticed was how fresh it all smelled as I was loading the clothes into the dryer.  Hmm.  Maybe this stuff really is that good. 

We started pruning our apple tree.  We cut the limbs in pieces small enough for the garbage man to take so we wouldn’t have any additional dump fees. 

I finished the baby afghan and listed it in my Etsy store.  I also started another one. 

I mended my daughter’s pajama bottoms. 

I stuck to our menu plan really well and made wise use of all the leftovers.  No food waste, which meant not very many treats for the chickens I’m afraid. 

I combined errands and ran them all at once on Friday to save gas. 

I sent several letters and notes to friends and my aunt this week.  I finally feel caught up on the communication front. 

I made and printed Easter cards on my computer to send out next week to friends and family. 

We celebrated a busy work week at our shop with dinner out at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant.  My youngest and I shared a dinner as their portions are huge. 

I hosted my friends for a pinochle party at our house Saturday.  I served snacks and drinks made from things I already had on hand in our pantry and fridge. 

I sold an 18 count carton of eggs to a friend of mine for $3.  She also gave me a bag full of coupons she saved for me out of her Sunday paper.  Yeah! 
 
Another good friend brought me her empty egg cartons for our eggs.

Our chickens blessed us with 15 more eggs this week.

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...