Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Super Easy Tortellini Soup

 
                  
 
We love tortellini and I make a soup that my girls and I enjoy a lot.  Super easy to put together on a busy week night too. 

2 15oz. cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. dried basil
1 pkg. frozen cheese tortellini 

In a large soup pot over medium heat sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil, don’t burn.  Add tomatoes and two cans of water.  Add basil, stir and bring to a gentle boil.  Add tortellini to the pot and continue cooking until pasta begins to rise and float on top of the broth.  If soup is too thick at this point add one additional tomato can of water.  Salt and pepper to taste. 

I serve this with parmesan cheese to garnish and a nice salad on the side.
 

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I make that also but add Italian Seasoning to the soup in the crock pot on low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! Would be great with crusty buns too!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...