Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mission Project #10 – Garden Tools


As you may recall, or you may not, I put myself on a mission to get some things done around here.  I started last fall when I cleaned out the garden and the goal is to be finished up when I start planting the garden again. 

I had planned to tune up my garden tools long before now but I realized it would be much easier, and nicer too, to wait for a warm day to do this outside rather than to make a mess inside the garage and do it in the cold.
 

I gathered up the offending tools Saturday afternoon while the sun was out and the temperature was hovering at 60° outside.  With sandpaper and the sander the youngest girl and I set to work and smoothed out all the rough handles on our shovels and the garden rake.  Then with a rag we rubbed them all down with boiled linseed oil. 

We also aired up the tire on the wheel barrow and hooked up the garden hose to the spigot.  Now we are ready to get some yard work done and eventually put in our garden.  It’s so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...