Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Tour Of Our New Home - Part 1

It's tiny but it suits us just fine.  The girls are loving it and we are amazed at just how much room we actually do have inside. 


I love that I have my own bedroom located at the front of the trailer.  I also have a ton of storage with space under the bed which I access by raising my bed easily thanks to the smooth hydraulic lifts.  Two closets, each with a drawer underneath and cabinets above spanning the entire width of the bed.  Each closet also has a shelf above the hanging rod.  Having the ability to completely walk around the bed is so nice for easily making the bed.  We keep the laundry hamper tucked in the corner of my room. 

 
 
We have a living room!  The sofa folds out to a double bed if we have company and there is additional storage space underneath too.  A cabinet above the sofa holds all my Pyrex baking and storage dishes.  I purchased expandable wire shelves to double the storage space inside. 

 
I made a little vignette along the valance of the window.  These things used to be on our mantle at our old house. 

 
 
Our little kitchen has a great layout and plenty of storage as well.  I was thrilled at the size of the refrigerator and separate freezer.  I am really enjoying the built in microwave.  The three burner stove works really well and the oven is small, but certainly usable.  We have our electric convection oven for the majority of our baking.  The cabinets are plenty spacious to hold our dishes and glassware.  Another expandable shelf made it much more efficient. 

 
I don't know why but I just love these silly little solar flowers from the dollar store.  My ex-mother-in-law gave them to us.  They just seem so happy. 

 
Our dining room/home office seats four and works quite nicely for the three of us.  It also folds down into a double bed.  There is additional storage underneath the seats as well as another cabinet above for baking pans, mixing bowls and my slow cookers.  The TV shelf is small and we are using it for our CD player and Scentsy pot right now as well as DVD and CD storage.  We are using my laptop on the table as our "TV". 

 
The kitty café is located on the wheel well cover underneath the dining table.  They seem to like it. 

That is probably enough for one day.  Thursday I will post Part 2 of our tour.  Hope you've enjoyed this little peek into our new home.

10 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! :) Exciting to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it is quite roomy! It is a lovely home!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm thinking of how fast you could get all of your cleaning done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took us less than an hour to completely clean it and wash the breakfast dishes yesterday. I'm in heaven.

      Delete
  4. A double sink! I'm envious now. Our 'new' RV has lovely cabinets, but the shelves inside are strange, one short and one tall. Some of those wire shelves might come in handy one day, but for now I think I have more space than I know what to do with. I'm amazed that you can get all the way around your bed. We didn't look at trailers because we live in England but mostly drive in Europe. We decided to buy a left hand drive in order to make driving in France, etc., easier. Bill didn't want to figure out pulling a trailer in Britain where the roads are often tiny and crowded. But I think you made a great choice for yourself and your kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at a lot of motorhomes but not as much space. Towing is definitely a trickier proposition with a large trailer but since I'm not towing it I was more concerned about space. If I was going to travel more, and I do plan on that, I'd prefer a small coach like you have.

      Delete
  5. Lovely, and you have it fixed so nice.. Know you and the girls will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really exciting. I look forward to hearing about more of the adventures to come your way. My wife and I are also thinking of starting a blog together and this has really inspired us to get writing and doing. Thank you for sharing your life with us and we wish you all the best for the future. Thanks.

    Rupert @ Gulf Shores Real Estate And Homes

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...