Monday, August 26, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


A wonderful friend of mine invited us over to do a load of our wash at her house Sunday morning.  Brunch included!  And then, as if that wasn't enough, she handed me the sales ads and the coupons out of the Sunday paper.  How blessed were we?! 

Our landlady brought us more tomatoes and cucumbers as well as two green bell peppers from her garden.  I got to cross bell peppers off my grocery list.  And she demos products at supermarkets on the weekends.  Because of that we scored a quart of vanilla yogurt too.  Yay! 

I really shopped the sales last week.  Albertson's was having a "Crazy 8s" sale.  Paul's Market had a few well priced items too.  I netted quite a few good buys: 

·         A dozen eggs - 88¢
·         Sour cream - 88¢
·         3 boxes of pasta - 88¢ each
·         Chicken breasts - $1.88/lb.  Great buy!!
·         Ice cream - $1.88
·         4 ears of corn - 88¢
·         Grapes - 88¢/lb.
·         2 New York strip steaks on markdown for $9.98
·         Soy sauce - $1.28
·         Teriyaki sauce - $1.28 

And at Fred Meyer: 

·         Tortilla chips - 10/$10 - I bought four
·         Bread 2/$3
·         Milk - 1/2 gallon $1.25 

I did four loads of laundry in our new washing machine and hung them all up to dry outside on our new drying rack and with drip dry hangers and clothespins.  Works great! 

I finished another one of my 25¢ murder mystery paperbacks I purchased at the thrift store.  I took a nice stack of books and passed them onto another avid reader. 

My daughters borrowed a game for the Nintendo DS from our local library. 

We finished getting our back-to-school supplies for $12 bringing the total to $26, which included my oldest daughter's scientific calculator and her music book for band. 

I watched a few programs and a movie on Amazon Prime and Hulu. 

I listed several more items for sale on eBay and I had sales last week as well.  Things are beginning to take off in that arena now too.  It feels good to be "back at work". 

How was your thrifty week last week?

4 comments:

  1. Your landlady sound like a real sweetheart.
    Our week was thrifty too. We reworked our budget aug 1 and so far it is working just fine. The new Aldi just 3 miles from home is really nice for the grocery budget. My husband got some free tires for his truck and also redid the brakes and shocks and oil change himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Rhonda! Doesn't it feel good when you accomplish so much for so little! Love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your ebay sales are doing well! Mine have been not so great lately, except the things i sold for a friend, they did well! LOL.
    Your landlady is awesome.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been pretty good. We are lucky. eBay is funny isn't it? I find sometimes sales are good and then sometimes not so much. Lately I haven't been able to sell a single thing on Craigslist. Weird!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...