Thursday, August 22, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean And A Little Routine Maintenance Too


Hurray for this stuff!
We've been in our home just three weeks now and most of the projects have centered around cleaning and basic routine maintenance.  When I bought the trailer it was pretty dirty.  Not nearly as filthy as a lot of trailers I had seen up until now but certainly nowhere near movie-in ready.  The dealer wanted an extra day to detail the trailer as they had fallen behind in their schedule.  I just wanted my trailer and told them I'd clean it myself.  I'd re-clean it anyway after they were done because that is just how I am. 

Once it was set up on our lot I was questioning the wisdom in my decision a little bit.  The dealer did the nastiest part for me, however.  They cleaned out the stinky fridge and freezer and they did sweep it out a little - very little.  I still bleached out the fridge and freezer and gave it a thorough cleaning. 

I can tell you the owner prior was not a deep cleaner.  All the kitchen surfaces, including the table, had a nice film of grease and crusted food covering everything and I do mean everything.  For two days I scrubbed.  A friend came over and we washed down all the windows, walls and the ceiling as well as the cabinets and closets inside and out.  Thankfully the bathroom was not the horror story it could have been.  More bleach please.  Lastly, I vacuumed and scrubbed the floors, went to the grocery store and then we moved in. 

The first maintenance issue to contend with was to tighten the waterline leading up to the hot water tap in the kitchen and replace the cracked aerator in the faucet.  The faucet was spraying water out sideways. 

Next, no plug in the bathroom drain and I could just see me dropping my earrings down it.  A 39¢ piece from the plumbing store solved that issue.  I also replaced the cracked and nasty looking bathtub plug for a whopping 97¢. 

My daughters and I unscrewed all the heat vent covers and suck a plethora of dirt and dog hair out of the venting, wiped out the vents, scrubbed the covers clean and then screwed them all back into place.  I did the same with the cold air return and vacuumed out a ton of dust and dust bunnies. 

I unscrewed the metal plate along the threshold of the front door in order to cleanup a large amount of dirt that had accumulated underneath it and get the floor scrubbed clean.  I super scrubbed the door and the screen door too. 

Another biggie was to clean the AC vent and filter.  Filthy!  Those need to be cleaned pretty regularly and I think it is safe to say this one wasn't.  I feel much better about using the AC on these hot days with a clean filter that's for sure.  Not only for the clean air factor but it will run much more effectively and efficiently as well.
 
Every day I pick something to thoroughly deep clean and before long I'll make my through the entire trailer.  I'm almost there.  Sometimes life gets in the way and it takes longer to get stuff done then you think it will initially.  Oh well.  I'm just so thrilled to have our little home.  I just love it to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...