Friday, August 9, 2013

Our Kitty Is Losing My Mind


Excuse me young lady, just what do you think you are doing up there?
Our youngest kitty, Stella, is extremely rambunctious, not to mention, very nosy.  So these days she is having a ball getting to know her new home.  She has been busy exploring every nook and cranny of it.  And I mean every nook and cranny.  She even managed to crawl in behind the kitchen drawers through the cabinet under the sink.  I didn't know she was in there until I closed her in and heard her meowing to be let out. 

She loves to check out the drawers and cabinets.  Hop into a closet to see what is in there.  Climb on everything to see what is going on.  And she follows everyone to see what they are doing.

Strings are fun, no matter what they are attached to.
You would think all this activity would tucker the poor girl out, but no way.  She continues her exploration throughout the night.  Trying to paw her way back into my closet at midnight or climb through the mini blinds to look out the window at 3:00 am .  Chasing some small rattling object along the floor.  Then trying to dig her way in when she loses something down the heat vent. 

Her latest favorite thing to do is diving into the throw rugs and wadding them into a ball.  As soon as you straighten them she runs and does it all over again.  Not even a backpack or a pair of shorts is immune from attack. 

You think you need a little privacy in the bathroom?  Well Stella is adept at opening the bathroom door.  That was one of the first things she figured out how to do.  And if she doesn't feel like opening the door she'll reach underneath it and swipe at your feet. 

Then sometimes you have to act all sweet and cute
so they forget all the havoc you've been wreaking.
 
It's all a game to her and she is having a great time!  I just hope we survive it.  I could use a good night's sleep. J

4 comments:

  1. I soon learned just how adapt a cat can become after we replaced our door knobs with handles. We have to keep them locked if we don't want our cat opening them and going "wherever". Smart and busy all the time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are clever little buggers. Our old man kitty is so patient with her. I would expect him to be much less tolerant at his age but he's not.

      Delete
  2. Love reading about kitties :) Cats are smart things. We have most of our kitchen cabinets and drawers child proofed because they learned how to open them (and make a mess). And they are not allowed in the bedroom. They enjoy attacking feet in the middle of the night and get frisky and run right over top of us with claws out. I call them little manipulators. Whenever they are doing something they shouldn't they will roll over, stick their paws out, and purr like what? I'm not doing anything.hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not having a cat in our house. She is so stinking funny with her antics. Some of the messes she gets herself into are just amazing. I've had kitties actually get into a fight on my bed one night. They were exiled after that. I love how they try to act all innocent - Yeah, right!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...