Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Tour Of Our New Home - Part 2


Hands down, one of the features that really excited me was the fact that this trailer has a pantry.  Not many do.  And boy does it hold a lot of food.  Good thing, because I still had quite a bit even after our big two month pantry purge.  At least I didn't have to completely start over - thank goodness! 

 
Now onto the girl's "rooms"  The biggest thing in selecting a new RV was the bunk cabin.  It was the only thing my little ladies asked for.  I knew it would be very important that each of my girls have their own personal space.  Because of this it made my search lengthier and far more difficult but totally worth it.  Plus we don't have to fold down beds at night or put them back up in the morning.  They quickly make up their bed when they get up and then it is perfect for lounging and doing other activities.  They are big enough that both girls can get in to visit each other if either one is so inclined. 

Each of the girls has two drawers for clothing and a closet to share.  There is also additional storage space under the lower bunk for bulky items and off season clothing.  They set a little throw rug on the floor next to the beds so they won't have bare feet touching cold floors in the morning.

 
The bathroom amazed me when I first saw it.  It is huge by trailer standards.  The biggest countertop I had seen which makes it so much nicer when getting ready in the morning.  Now when I set my toothpaste on the edge of the sink I don't have to worry about it falling into the toilet. 

 
Ample storage under the sink and an area perfect for tucking extra packages of toilet paper.  The shelf holds all our towels and washcloths nicely.  It has a tub with a shower which makes me a happy camper (no pun intended).  And the toilet, well it works!  Not a whole lot more to say about that really.  I hung up our old shower caddy in there to hold extra toiletries. 

 
There are sliding doors to close off each of the bedroom areas for privacy which gives it more of the feeling that it is a home.  Other features include a stereo, air conditioner and a large exterior storage bin in the front of the trailer.  A large awning for shade extends out along the side.

Gratuitous kitty cat shot
Everyone who has come inside is impressed with the layout and efficient use of space.  Not to mention all the little extras that are inside.  Tons of seating and a table big enough to play games on.  So far everyone's favorite room in the house is the bathroom.  They really seem to like it a lot and we had fun decorating it too. 

So that is pretty much about it.  Hope you enjoyed the tour!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the double bunks for the girls, a bonus that they don't need "folded up" each day! That would get old really fast! lol!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really old. I wouldn't want to have to do that everyday.

      Delete
  2. (Here from Living Simply Free)
    As anyone who has spent time in a camper, the toothbrush not falling into the toilet thing is huge! It looks so spacious in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! I love the bathroom. Even the tub is a good size. :)

      Delete
  3. I've not seen an RV with a bathtub before - that is amazing! Our 'new' motor home has a loo that is a wet room, no separate shower. I'm not bothered as we have never showered in the van anyhow, not wishing to carry that much water when on the road and using reasonable caravan sites when on holiday. Your bathroom looks as spacious as those in some apartments I've had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really nice having the tub. Especially for my youngest who prefers a bath to a shower most of the time. Every feature I had hoped for we found in this RV. So lucky!

      Delete
  4. Love your home! It seems like the perfect size for everything you need. If we could find an RV this nice that would fit the 4 of us we would take it in a NY minute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom is as large as mine in my 4000 sq ft house built in 1902. Of course, the bathroom was in the back yard until they put in plumbing and had a bathroom on the back porch, hence the tiny bathroom. The upstairs bathroom is a huge bathroom. My house has shrunk to two rooms due to water damage! So, don't think I am living in the lap of luxury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was extremely happy with the bathroom in this trailer. It had a lot of really nice features which made it a very comfortable home for us while we lived in it.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...