Monday, August 5, 2013

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Kmart had kid's denim jeans on sale for $10 a pair so I took the oldest "kid" down and bought her three pair to start school in. 

You probably already know this but I bought an RV to live in and found a private lot to park it on.  I was able to negotiate a very good price for the RV and the lot rent is extremely reasonable.  Plus, I have a very nice landlady to boot. 

The girls spotted a "FREE - TAKE ME - GARDEN OVERFLOW" sign on a big box set at the end of someone's driveway filled with yellow squash and zucchini.  They carted off a half dozen veggies and didn't make a dent in the box.  Someone has a great garden growing. 

To restock our pantry and fill our refrigerator and freezer I took all the ads from four different stores that are in our new neighborhood and made up my shopping list.  I also made my meal plan based on those items on my list, as well as what I already had on hand.  We then made a loop to visit each one of those stores and came home with eight bags of groceries and a few nonfood items for less than $65!!! 

I used coupons to match with sale priced items for even greater savings at the grocery stores. 

On Friday we enjoyed Family Movie Night at home using DVDs from our own collection. 

Our new landlady brought me cucumbers from her garden. 

What thrifty things did you do this past week?

3 comments:

  1. Wow free garden veggies, how awesome! Good for the girls spotting that!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a real chip off the old block aren't they? :D

      Delete
  2. So happy that you have such a nice land lady.. And how wonderful to get the free veggies.. Nice neighbor too.
    Have a great weekend. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...