Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Lunch Stuff For School

Today the girls begin a new school year at brand new schools.  My oldest is in junior high now, or middle school as they call it here.  Both of them were filled with excitement and a little nervousness this morning.  I armed them with a backpack full of school supplies and a delicious lunch to see them through their day. 

The first time my daughters saw an ad on TV for the Packit (the one with the gel inside-you freeze the whole thing) lunch bag they wanted one.  Well this year they got their wish.  Their old insulated lunchboxes were shot so I tossed them out at the end of the school year last year with the full intention of replacing them this summer.  I saved their Thermoses, drink bottles and their old ice packs. 

Enter a doting grandmother who decides this will be her contribution to getting them ready for school and this is what she came up with. 
The girls each got their Packit lunch bags, which chill in the freezer to keep food and beverage cold until lunchtime.  And a set of Rubbermaid Lunchblox containers complete with a little Blue Ice pack.  Very neat and compact and perfect for Tiny House living.  I was just as thrilled as the girls were. 

I know they will get a lot of use out of these items.  Now we are very well set up for some serious school lunches.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great. I used to have a bag with the icepacks built in for breast milk. I don't know why that never occurred to me for lunches. Last year we went through tons of ice packs because they kept accidentally getting thrown away. This would solve that problem.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...